When you know these five things, you’ll be set up for success in your home buying journey! There are some! foundational things you need to know as a homebuyer to make sure you play the real estate game right and get the best house for you. Here are five things every homebuyer needs to know:
1. Find the right neighborhood. The house is important, yes. But the neighborhood and area you live in can have a huge impact on the quality of your life. As a real estate agent, I highly recommend that you find the right neighborhood for your lifestyle and then find a house within that area. Not only will you make it easier to search for homes, but you’re more likely to be happy with your new house!
2. Send the right first offer. First impressions count when it comes to sellers, so make sure that your first offer is a good one! In this market where there are many potential buyers, it’s common for sellers to get multiple offers, and only send a counter offer to a few. Plus, sellers are people, so if you send in a low offer or one with many demands, they may get offended and refuse to consider other offers from you. Your agent will help you craft a first offer that will catch the seller’s attention and get them to engage with you.
3. Get an inspection. If you want to make sure you get a good deal on your property and get the most out of your home, a home inspection is definitely in order. A home inspection will ensure that you know exactly what you’re getting into and give you the upper hand in negotiations if any problems with the property are found.
4. Don’t forget closing costs. You know that you need to put down a down payment when you buy a house, and you probably have a nice little nest egg saved up for that. But did you know that you’ll also need to save up for closing costs? Closing costs are the costs necessary to close the deal–think the inspection, appraisal, title search, and mortgage lender fees. These costs typically range from 3-5% of the purchase price of the home, so it’s wise to save up for them in addition to your down payment.
5. Rely on your agent! Your buyer’s agent will be by your side to guide you through every step of the way. They’re there to give you advice, provide support, and give you all the information you need to make the best choices for your future!
If you follow these tips, you’re sure to have a successful home buying experience. Want more tips just for home buyers? Just reply to this email!