As a homeowner, getting a high return on investment (or ROI) on the upgrades you do to your home is key to winning the real estate game when you sell. But some improvements can boost your home’s value more than others. These 5 home upgrades can seriously increase your home’s value, attract value, and return the money you spend on them when you sell your home.
1. Add a home office. More people than ever are working from home, and it looks like remote and hybrid work situations are going to be standard in the future. Whether you convert a room in your home or build an office out, this is a high-ROI upgrade that will attract buyers.
2. Finish your basement. If your basement is unfinished, you have so much untapped potential (and profit!) at your fingertips. Finishing out your basement can increase your square footage, which is always a value-boost for buyers.
3. Open up your floor plan. Buyers love a nice open floor plan with good flow. You don’t have to take out all your walls either–just opening up the kitchen to the living room can go a long way to open up the flow of your home.
4. Replace your garage door. Your garage door is constantly exposed to the elements, so it’s likely a little shabby. A new garage door is a selling point and will help your curb appeal.
5. Touch-up or redo your exterior paint. If your paint is looking a little worse for wear, touch it up to give it a fresh look. Or, to really boost your value, repaint your home in one of the year’s popular exterior paint colours to make your home look newer and more modern.
Whether you’re planning to sell in the near future or way down the road, you can make improvements to your home that will attract buyers and help you make top dollar on your home. Want my professional opinion on what you can do to your Lloydminster home to boost your resale value? Let’s connect, and I would be happy to help.