With summer winding down, it’s time to get back in the swing of work and school. And since so many of us are spending more time than ever working and studying at home, it’s time to give the home office a little reno. You’ll actually want to work in it, and big bonus, buyers are still looking for homes with offices, so staging will be a snap when you get ready to sell.
Here’s a few ideas to turn your home office into the ideal setup:
1. Change your desk top: If you’re still working off a card table, you’re definitely due for an upgrade. There’s a whole world of desk tops out there—from glass to wood-look composites to hard wood—that you can mix and match with legs of your choice. I’m loving hairpin legs for a mid-century vibe right now.
2. Keep lighting in mind: Good lighting can make the difference between a major headache and a great place to focus. Add some lamps to increase the ambient light and get some sheer curtains to take advantage of any natural light from nearby windows.
3. Add plants: Studies have shown that plants actually increase focus and productivity, so add a little greenery to your workspace with a nice pothos or an easy to care for spider plant.
4. Use a room divider: If you don’t have a room dedicated to your office, a room divider can be a lifesaver when it comes to keeping distractions at bay. Plus, it can double as an awesome Zoom background.
5. Curate your background: Instead of using a plain wall as the backdrop to your desk, spice it up with some framed art, shelves to show off your collectibles or plants, or wall decals to add some visual interest.
A nice home office will make working and studying so much more pleasant, and it doesn’t take a lot of time or money to do. And, if you’re getting ready to sell soon, a home office will definitely appeal to buyers.
Want to know more about getting your home ready to sell so you can take advantage of our super competitive market? Just reply to this email, and I’ll tell you how.